Springfield, Illinois – The Springfield Jr. Blues, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), are pleased to announce the release of our 2022-23 regular season schedule! There are a few important points to make note of for this year’s season and we have all of that information and more for you today!
Our 30th Anniversary Season comes after one of our most successful seasons in team history. The Jr. Blues wrapped up the 2021-22 season with a 36-20-2-2 record (76 pts) and headed into the playoffs as the #2 seed in the Midwest Division. Despite things not going our way in the postseason, the boys helped revitalize the energy around town as we recorded the 2nd Most Points and Wins in team history.
But it’s time to turn the page and focus on the 2022-23 season and that all begins with the schedule release! Our home portion of the schedule begins on September 30th, 2022 when we welcome the Fairbanks Ice Dogs to town and concludes on April 15th, 2023 against the Wisconsin Windigo.
The Schedule by the Numbers:
- The Jr. Blues schedule comprises 60 games: 30 Home and 30 Away games. However, we will only have 28 games at the Nelson Center (Two games will be played at the Showcase, Schedule TBD).
- We will have 24 total games in 2022 (not including the Showcase) and 32 total in 2023.
- There will be more Home Game after Christmas than before the holidays (11 before & 17 after)
- There are three new teams this season and one of them is in the Midwest Division: the Wisconsin Windigo. We will see them twice this season as they will visit Springfield in March and April.
- Our lone out-of-division opponents (outside the Showcase) will once again be the North Iowa Bulls.
- We will have two three-game series at The Nelly: one against the Kenai River Brown Bears in early October and one against the Anchorage Wolverines in February.
- Our road schedule consists of two trips to Alaska for the second consecutive season. We travel up to face Kenai River and Fairbanks in November, and then once again to face Anchorage and Fairbanks in March.
One of the highlights this season will be our first trip to the Eagle River, WI to face the Wisconsin Windigo – formerly the Minnesota Magicians. They play out of the Eagle River Ice Arena, also known as The Dome, which is home to the Wisconsin Hockey Hall of Fame. The state of Wisconsin is now home to three teams in the NAHL – Janesville Jets, Chippewa Steel, and the Windigo.
Full Schedule is available here.
We will have more information on Season Tickets, Game Promotions, and More throughout the summer so make sure to keep an eye out on our website and social media pages to stay updated on everything Jr. Blues!