Springfield, Illinois – The Springfield Jr. Blues have a long list of alumni who have played collegiate and professional hockey. We’ve highlighted a few of the spectacular performances for this week’s Alumni Roundup.
Dryden McKay (Minnesota St. Mankato) has been named an Honorable Mention for the WCHA’s Goalie and Rookie of the Week after stopping 45 of 48 shots in the Mavericks’ sweep of Michigan Tech over the weekend. McKay has a 9-4-1 record in his first season with Mankato with a .917 save percentage and a 2.13 GAA.
McKay’s teammate in Springfield, Grant Meyer, had quite the weekend as well. Meyer, in his second season at Canisius College, helped the Golden Griffins sweep the University of North Dakota with a goal in both games. In 16 games played this season, Meyer now has 4 goals and 12 assists which is 3rd best on the team.
Tommy Nappier has continued his stellar season at Ohio State with an impressive 29 save shutout of Michigan State on Saturday. With the victory, Nappier’s record improves to 7-1-2 on the season with a 1.54 GAA and a .947 save percentage. He has three shutouts on the season and ranks second in the nation in both GAA and save percentage.
Not to be outdone by his predecessor, Mike Robinson nabbed Hockey East Top Performer for his efforts this past weekend. Robinson recorded 24 saves in a 2-1 OT victory Merrimack, and stopped 13 of 14 in 40 minutes of work against Yale. He has a 5-5-5 record this season with a 2.10 GAA and a .926 save percentage and has one shutout this season.
It’s been the year of the goalie as far as Jr. Blues alumni go, as five former netminders rank in the top 30 in save percentage with three sitting in the top ten. But that’s not to say that forwards and defenseman haven’t been contributing as well.
- Tim Santopaolo has scored 18 goals and 12 assists in 14 games for Svegs IK of Sweden’s Division 2 league
- Nicholas Belger has 15 goals and 14 assists in 18 games for Stony Brook University in the ACHA
- Josh Norman has 13 goals and 15 assists in 36 games for the Rockland Nationals of the CCHL
- Kevin Loppatto has 16 goals and 8 assists in 23 games for Vannas HC in Sweden’s Division 1 league
- Josh Bell has 11 goals and 13 assists in 15 games for Missouri State University in the ACHA.