The Springfield Jr. Blues, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), are looking to add 2-3 interns for the 2019-20 season. We are looking for someone who is reliable, who has a desire to work in the sports industry, and a willingness to adapt on the fly. This is an internship and part-time paid position.
As an intern with the Jr. Blues, you will assist with Marketing, Sales, Communications, and Game Operations during the week. On game nights, interns will run ticketing, merchandise, or assist with game operations. Each intern is expected to help in any area that they are assigned to work that evening.
- Assist Dir. of Marketing with Promoting the Jr. Blues within the community
- Monthly Goal of Ticket Sales (Individual, Group, and VIP Boxes)
- Supervise One Community Program (Classroom of the Game, Youth Sports Team of the Game, etc.)
- On Game Nights Will Be Responsible for Ticketing Operations & Other Duties as Assigned
- Represent the Jr. Blues at Community Events Throughout the Season
- Assist Dir. of Communications with Press Releases, News Articles, and Promotional Videos
- Must be able to work in the office during the week and attend all home games
- Must be at least 18 years old and a student
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be fluent in communications, both written and orally
- Familiarity with office equipment, computers, and handling money
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to carry up to 30 lbs.
If you are interested in applying for the 2019-20 internships, please send a cover letter, a resume, and up to three references to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
The Springfield Jr. Blues are members of the North American Hockey League, a USA Hockey tier II sanctioned junior hockey league with teams all across the United States. We have been operating out of the Nelson Center since 1993, and have won two Robertson Cup Championships (1996 & 1997). The Jr. Blues routinely progress players and staff to college and professional leagues, with our current alumni count at over 350 NCAA athletes in 26 seasons. Our 28 game home schedule is spread out from mid-September to the beginning of April with breaks for Christmas and Thanksgiving along the way.