Whether you’re a new fan, a returning fan, or a fan from the opposing team, knowing what to expect when arriving at The Nelson Center will help boost your experience. Here are some important things to remember before heading out on game day.
Parking at The Nelson Center is free to all attendees. However, our parking lot has limited spaces that fill up rather quickly. There is additional parking on the East side of the building and you may also park along the road leading up to the rink. The front circle is for picking up and dropping off only, guests are not allowed to park in this area. Parking behind the building is strictly prohibited to all guests.
Cash or Card?
The Jr. Blues offer the ability to pay for tickets at the door and merchandise with either cash or card. The concession stands, beer stations, and 50/50 are cash only. There is an ATM near the entrance to the rink if you need to take cash out. Reminder: technology does NOT always cooperate and we recommend getting cash out before coming to the game in case of problems with the ATM or the payment software.
Snacks & Drinks:
We offer a variety of snacks and refreshments for fans of all ages at The Nelson Center. Our concession stands offer Hot Dogs, Nachos, Pulled Pork, Candy, Chips, Pizza, and Pretzels. They additionally carry Pepsi products, Gatorade, Coffee, Slushies, and Hot Chocolate. We have two beer stations located on the Blue Mat and in the Southeast Corner that offer Coors Light, Miller Lite, Redds, Corona, Blue Moon, Leinenkuegel, Mike’s, Stag, and Molson for all attendees over the age of 21. At this time we do not carry wine or liquor.
We offer a selection of Jr. Blues T-Shirts, Long-Sleeve Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys, Hats (Winter & Baseball), Cups, Keychains, Bags, Pucks, and Water Bottles at our Merchandise Table located on the Blue Mat near the zamboni doors. Fans may also buy Chuck-A-Pucks, sign up for season tickets & Gilly’s Kids Club, and participate in select contests at the Merchandise Table. Cash and card are accepted.
An average Jr. Blues game takes around two and a half hours from start to finish. Doors open at 6:00 pm on Thursday and Fridays, 5:00 pm on Saturdays, and 3:00 pm on Sundays. Each game is comprised of three 20 minute periods with a 17 minute intermission in between. If the game is tied after three periods, a 5 minute overtime is played. If no winner is decided after overtime, a shootout will commence to decide the winner.
Rules & Policies:
- Fans are not allowed inside Rink 1 until doors open, no exceptions.
- Bathrooms are available for public use in Rink 2, but fans must enter Rink 1 to be allowed entrance into the game.
- Seating at The Nelson Center is on a first come basis (except for VIP Boxes & The Franklin Room), and we offer two handicap accessible locations on the Blue Mat.
- Fans are not allowed to block off seating to reserve spots unless given permission by Jr. Blues staff.
- Children are not allowed to sit down by the glass, climb through the VIP Boxes, or run under the bleachers.
- Fans are not allowed to throw things out on the ice and may not verbally harass players.
- Foul language and disruptive behavior is strictly prohibited at all times.
- There is no smoking (including vape pens and electronic cigarettes) within The Nelson Center, there are areas in the front of the building where fans may smoke during intermission.
- Fans are not allowed entrance without a ticket, and fans who wish to re-enter the building must have the appropriate stamp for that evening.
- No outside food or drink is allowed within the building at any time.