The Springfield Jr. Blues are always on the look out for good people to join our staff. Please look at the current list of available openings and send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Game Day Staff
Looking for part time work? We are currently looking for customer service minded individuals to assist with our ticketing and merchandise sales on game days.
Please have experience handling money
Light computer skills preferred
Good communications skills
For more information email us at email@example.com
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Marketing and PR Manager
The Springfield Jr. Blues are seeking a Marketing and PR Manager to oversee our current marketing campaigns and to identify and develop new strategies for ticket sales and corporate sponsorships. We are the oldest team in the North American Hockey League and the oldest sports team in Springfield IL. We are currently in our 25th season in the capitol city with an alumni list of over 200 players who have gone on to play college or pro hockey.
Qualified individuals must be confident in their ability to succeed and passionate about sports marketing and community. The Marketing Manager should be comfortable working independently and have a flexible schedule to work inside an outside of the office. Sports marketing is a fast paced and an ever changing field which requires someone who can adapt quickly.
- Promote awareness of brand image
- Establish relationships with organizations such as schools, networking groups and the businesses community
- Develop ticketing strategies for individual and group sales
- Manage social media, media contracts and online presence
- Develop opportunities for the team to interact with the community
- Create new opportunities for corporate sponsorship
- Manage volunteers
- Assist in game day operations
- Marketing or sales experience preferred, or, a degree in sports management
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Deadline-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Social Media
- Experience in managing people is desired
- Must be energetic and driven
- Must be able to pass a background check
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org